Sheepscot Creative helps organizations communicate more effectively, internally and to the world. Our clients deliver programs and services vital to the well-being of their communities. Areas of special focus include sustainability, the outdoors, education and the arts.
We develop and execute communication strategies. We coach organizational leaders. We produce videos and other creative assets. And we’re growing.
To support the increased demand for our services, we’re adding skilled videographers for both ongoing and contract work.
About this position
Sheepscot Creative films a wide range of content, from live events and activities to testimonial interviews to built environments and natural landscapes. Many of our live-action videos supplement original footage with animated graphics to help make complex information more accessible or to highlight key facts and statistics. Sheepscot’s videographers work with our Vice President of Video, creative team and account managers to capture, edit and deliver compelling video narratives.
- Operate professional camera equipment: Canon, Sony and Panasonic
- Light interviews and other staged sets, indoors and out; manage equipment
- Shoot with attention to detail and composition
- Import, organize and backup footage according to Sheepscot’s established protocols
- Edit assemblies, rough cuts and subsequent revisions
- Collaborate with graphic designers, motion graphics specialists and audio engineers to build engaging multimedia projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated proficiency with digital video production equipment, systems and processes
- Director of Photography and camera operation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in lighting techniques and equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Premiere and related Creative Cloud software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal transportation throughout the Portland metro area
Up to $550/day for someone capable of directing set-up and operation of cameras and lighting, depending on duration and complexity of shoot. Up to $400/day for 2nd camera operation. Up to $60/hour for editing, depending on experience.
Send your resume to along with a cover letter and a link to your reel or recent work samples. Please describe your interest and qualifications for the position, including equipment and software proficiencies. Include names and contact information for at least two professional references.