My Voice Music teaches youth to write, record and perform original songs. Its programs use music to build community and to equip kids with tools for emotional growth and lifelong learning.
In 2020, My Voice Music received the Lewis Prize for Music. The corresponding $500,000 investment kickstarted the nonprofit’s efforts to expand its reach into mental health treatment centers, juvenile detention centers and alternative schools across Oregon. The funding also helped to enrich programming at MVM Studios, a state-of-the-art recording studio and programming space on Portland’s east side.
To increase MVM’s internal capacity and expand its reach, Sheepscot Creative:
- Led MVM’s leadership and staff through a collaborative process to revise its mission and vision statements
- Developed consistent, compelling language for outreach materials
- Built easy-to-populate, branded templates for email, print and social media
- Produced an animated video (above) that introduces MVM’s programming to potential partners across the state
MVM had long outgrown its mission statement. The original language, already long and difficult to remember, no longer accurately described the organization’s focus and direction.
Sheepscot led the MVM team through a collaborative discovery process that included an internal team workshop and interviews with a range of key stakeholders. That process resulted in a new mission statement that appeals to youth, parents and practitioners alike and serves as a helpful talking point for staff, board members and other advocates for the organization.
Amplifying young voices and igniting self-discovery through music.
Rock Camp promotion campaign
MVM’s summer Rock Camps had been available to the general public on a fee-for-service basis for several years, but enrollment remained low. Sheepscot developed a promotional toolkit to increase awareness and enrollment among targeted audiences. It worked. That year, MVM doubled its revenue from Rock Camps.
The tools and templates we created are now refreshed with new photographs and copy details year-over-year. MVM staff need only choose new photos and update camp dates.
For the Rock Camp campaign, Sheepscot produced:
- Original photographs
- Promotional language
- Graphics sized and cropped for social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Posters for distribution at schools, community centers and around the city
- An ambassador toolkit for parents and families of former MVM campers